We are really pleased to share with you important and fantastic news that Kooth.com has been commissioned by Birmingham Children’s Partnership. The service went live on April 13th and the award winning and innovative online counselling and support service is now available to all young people aged 11-25 across Birmingham.
It is a safe, confidential and anonymous way for young people to access emotional wellbeing and early intervention mental health support. Kooth is used across the country and is well rated by young people.
Kooth is linked into the wider mental health support from Forward Thinking Birmingham and offers:
- Online mental health counselling and chat services from midday to 10pm during the week, and 6pm to 10pm at weekends
- Peer to peer support through moderated discussion forums
- Self-care tools and resources to build resilience
- Early response to and identification of emotional wellbeing and mental health problems
- And there are no waiting lists, referrals or thresholds to access the service
For more information please refer video below that tells you more about the service (additional short films are also available via this link)