Special Educational Needs
Meet our Community
Free School Meals
Did you know that you may be eligible to claim free school meals for your child here at school, up to the age of 16 years old, if you or your partner are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support (IS);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA);
- Income Based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit, provided you do NOT get Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
- Universal Credit – If you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 per year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- **Please note you do NOT qualify for Free School Meals if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit regardless of your income.**
- Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
To apply for free school meal please complete the application form or alternatively you can ask at the school reception for an application form. Once completed please return the form to school, along with any evidence you may have that will support your application. We will then process your application through the Local Authority Online Checking Service (OFSM) and advise you of the outcome.
Please remember that even if your child was in receipt of Free School Meals at primary school they will not automatically be entitled here at school.
If you have any queries please contact Mrs S Miller in the School Office: 0121 628 8787.