Special Educational Needs
Meet our Community
Hall Green School Dress Code 2021/2022
It is school policy that all pupils wear school uniform. Considerable effort is made to maintain high standards of dress. It is the strongly held view of the Governing Body that the school should follow a school uniform policy.
*Trousers must be worn to the ankle and cannot be jeans, denim, leather, or hipsters style. Skirt/tunic/pinafore length should be no shorter than just above the knee and no longer than ankle length. Shorts must be tailored and worn between just above the knee to just below the knee. None of the above may be tight fitting.
**Shoes cannot be trainer or pump style. There must be no labels or markings. Heels must be no bigger than 4cm. There are pictures on our website intended as a guide as to what is acceptable. If there is any doubt, it is most likely that they are not acceptable – parents/carers/pupils should liaise with their Head of House prior to purchasing a pair if unsure if they are suitable.
PE/GAMES KIT – All pupils
ANY SPECIAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR KIT MUST BE DISCUSSED WITH THE HEAD OF PE
All items of PE kit can be purchased from: Mansuri, Clive Marks and Early Years.
The following are the only items that must be school specific: Blazer, tie, PE polo shirt. Other items do not need to have the school badge on.
The school recommends pupils do not wear any items of value (monetary or sentimental). If desired, pupils may wear:
- Watch (not a smart watch)
- 1 pair of small stud earrings (1 earring in each ear only)
- 1 small, unobtrusive ring.
No other body piercing may be worn. All jewellery must be removed for PE.
- Outer clothing must be worn over the top of the blazer and not underneath.
- Woolly hats and sun hats may be worn when appropriate.
- No excessive make-up; it must be subtle and natural looking. No nail polish or nail accessories.
- A suitable school bag that will both carry and protect exercise books.
- Hair accessories must be plain black/navy/grey.
- Head coverings worn for religious observance must be plain black/navy/grey.
- Haircuts should be appropriate for school e.g. logos or messages shaved into a haircut would not be acceptable.
- Hair colouring must be of a natural colour.
- Ties must be worn at the top of the shirt, with top buttons done up.
Items worn for religious observance should be discreet in size and not visible. Further guidance is available for those wishing to request authorisation to wear a Kirpan in school.
Full school uniform must be worn in lessons and in the school building (except during break and lunchtime).
All items of uniform and PE kit can be purchased from: Mansuri, Clive Marks and Early Years (Monkhouse Schoolwear).
All items of school uniform should be named. If, in exceptional circumstances, your child cannot attend in full uniform, we ask parents/carers to contact school immediately.
Help is available for families who require support with uniform costs. Please contact the school for further details.